WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 30 mins
- 2 medium zucchini, very thinly sliced lengthwise (see Tip)
- 1 pound fresh or frozen spinach-and-cheese ravioli
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Step 1
- Put a pot of water on to boil. Place sliced zucchini in a large colander and set it in the sink. Cook ravioli according to package directions. Pour the ravioli and cooking liquid over the zucchini in the colander.
- Step 2
- Meanwhile, mash garlic and salt together in a small bowl with a fork to form a coarse paste. Combine half-and-half and flour in another small bowl and place near the stove.
- Step 3
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and the garlic paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook, stirring, until almost completely evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes more. Add the flour mixture and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, about 30 seconds. Gently stir in the ravioli and zucchini, basil and pepper. Divide among 4 plates. Top each portion with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
TipsTo make “ribbon-thin” zucchini, slice lengthwise with a vegetable peeler or a mandoline slicer.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com