Sweet Pea Salad
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb frozen baby peas partially thawed
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 1/3 cup red onion sliced very thin
- 4 ounces finely cubed cheddar (cut very petite)
- In small bowl combine mayo, mustard, vinegar, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, honey and salt & pepper to taste.
- In large bowl combine peas, bacon, celery, cashews, red onion and cheddar. Gently fold in mayo mixture, Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours up to overnight.
Don't forget to partially thaw the peas either in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter for 2-3 hours.