It's supposed to get cold tomorrow. Just the type of weather to have some soup.
Reduced-sodium chicken broth and ham provide a flavorful addition to this creamy butternut squash soup - a perfect side dish.
- Prep Time 15 min
- Total Time 15 min
- Servings 4
- 2 packages (12 oz each) frozen butternut squash
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Microwave squash on High 5 minutes or until thawed. In large microwavable bowl, mix squash, broth, cinnamon-sugar and pepper. Microwave uncovered on High 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Pat ham dry with paper towels. Cook ham in oil 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add rosemary; cook 1 minute longer.
- Ladle soup into 4 bowls; sprinkle ham topping in center of each bowl.