BLACK BEAN BROWNIES
3/4 cup canned black beans, no salt added
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9-inch square baking pan.
2. In a blender or food processor puree the beans with the applesauce. Add the egg whites, cocoa, sugar, and vanilla.
3. Melt half the chocolate chips and add to the blender. Blend on medium-high until smooth.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the blender and pulse until just incorporated. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
5. Pour into the prepared pan and bake until the surface looks somewhat matte around the edges and still a bit shiny in the middle, about 20 minutes. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting and removing from the pan.
Try them. You will really like them. I promise.