Tuesday, October 14, 2014

CONCHITAS CON CARNE

I offered to bring the lunch for the Elders' Meeting a few Sundays back.  The elders' wives take turns bringing lunch.  I wanted something quick and easy so I turned to my old standby, Conchitas con Carne.  I got this recipe from my blog friend Marissa at High Heels and Daffodils.  I'm so glad I copied it down.  It is easy and good!


Picture courtesy of Marissa at High Heels and Daffodils.

  • 1lb ground sirloin
  • 2 cups uncooked shells
  • 4 oz tomato sauce
  • 1/4 small onion chopped
  • 1/4 bell pepper sliced
  • 4-5 cups water
  • 1 beef boullion cube
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper

  • Brown the beef over a medium heat in a Dutch oven.   Drain, then add the shells and stir it around a bit. Let them fry a little with the beef.   Add all the remaining seasonings along with the onions and bell pepper.   Add the tomato sauce and stir.  Add the bouillion cube and cover with water.  Simmer for 5 minutes, then cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until the shells are tender.  Serve and enjoy!

    I served it with tortilla chips, but Marissa said it's delicious with corn tortillas.  I'll bet it is!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment