Monday, August 10, 2015
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
8 tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
3 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup mixed nuts, chopped
12 x 9 x 1 1/2 inch (30 x 23 x 4 cm) baking pan
1. Preheat the oven to 300*F (150*C). Grease your baking pan, then line it with 2 sheets of parchment paper.
2. Melt the butter, sugar and maple syrup (or honey) in a saucepan over low heat.
3. Place all the other ingredients in a large bowl and pour in the sugar mixture.
4. Spread the mixture evenly in the baking pan and, using a masher, press it down firmly so it sticks together. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. When the granola bars are baked, let them cool for 5 minutes. Then, using a cloth to hold the pan, cut them into 12 squares. Remove them from the pan when fully cooled and firm.