Thursday, August 13, 2015
Popular around the world, this dish is eaten in Portugal at Christmas and in Spain and Brazil at Easter.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 slices thick white bread, cut into triangles
2 tbsp. sunflower oil
3 1/2 oz (100g) blueberries
Maple syrup to serve
frying pan and spatula
1. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add the milk and cinnamon and whisk together.
2. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish. Soak th bread in the mixture for about 30 seconds.
3. Heat half a tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan on low heat. Carefully place two triangles in the pan.
4. Fry the triangles on both sides until they turn golden brown. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the remaining bread triangles.
5. Serve the French toast warm, with blueberries and maple syrup or try it with butter and jam.