Serve these bite-sized fish cakes on toothpicks to make them easier to dip in the creamy lemon mayonnaise.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 9 minutes
14 oz (400 g) fresh almon filets
14 oz (400 g) cooked potato
2 oz (50 g) frozen peas, defrosted
5 1/2 oz (150 g) fresh bread crumbs
1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
2 eggs, beaten
sunflower oil for frying
For the lemon mayonnaise:
1 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
medium saucepan or frying pan with lid
4 mixing bowls
3 metal spoons
nonstick frying pan
1. Place the fish in the pan. Add a little water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes. Let cool, then flake, removing any skin and bones.
2. Place the potato, peas, and salmon in a bowl. Mix gently until combined and season to taste.
3. Mix the bread crumbs with the parsley and place on a plate.
4. Place a heaping teaspoon of the salmon mixture in your hands, roll into a ball, then flatten. Dip into the egg, then coat in the bread crumb mixture.
5. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the fish cakes for 203 minutes on each side until golden.
6. Mix together the mayonnaise with the lemon zest and juice. Transfer to a bowl. Serve the fish cakes warm or cold on toothpicks with the dip.