Thursday, March 5, 2015
SLOW-COOKED POTATOES WITH WINE AND HERBS
1 1/4 pounds fingerling potatoes halved lengthwise
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
12 unpeeled garlic cloves
1 tablespoon dried oregano
4 bay leaves
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken stock
1/3 cup kalamata olives
1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 325*F (300*F convection).
2. Finely grate zest from the lemon. Squeeze lemon; you need 1/4 cup juice. Combine potatoes and juice in bowl; season.
3. Heat oil in large skillet; cook onion and garlic, stirring until onion softens. Add potatoes with juice, oregano, zest and bay leaves; stir to coat in onion mixture. Add wine and stock; bring to the boil.
4. Transfer potato mixture to a medium baking dish. Roast, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
5. Serve potatoes with olives and feta.
Prep & cook time: 55 minutes
Serves: 4 as a side