Thursday, January 15, 2015

ASK THE CHEF

WHAT'S ALWAYS IN YOUR KITCHEN?

Avocado:  "It's one of my favorite snacks; I halve it and season it with soy sauce, sesame seeds, and lemon juice."
-- Rocco DiSpirito, host of Now Eat This! with Rocco DiSpirito

 
Frozen pizza:  "I sprinkle it with fresh Parmesan, olive oil, and chili flakes."
-- Wolfgang Puck, owner of Sago restaurants

San Marzano canned tomatoes:  "I use a can to put together a quick weeknight pasta sauce."
-- Ina Garten, host of Barefoot Contessa

Sweet Georgia Vidalia onions:  "They're the best on the planet.  I always have a basketful."
-- Trisha Yearwood, host of Trisha's Southern Kitchen

Dark Chocolate:  "I keep 70% on hand as a snack."
-- Curtis Stone, host of Top Chef Masters and Around the World in 80 Plates

Sweet baker's butter:  "The higher the fat content the better, because it gives the finished product a richer taste."
-- Buddy Valastro, star of Cake Boss

Vanilla:  "It's my magical ingredient in pancakes and waffles."
-- Ree Drummond, host of The Pioneer Woman

Taken from the book Celebrity Chefs published by Hearst Books.

1 comment: