Thursday, October 16, 2014

Peach Long Cake

I got this recipe from my Amish and Mennonite Cookbook.  It is so good!  I have made this so many times and it never lasts long.  You will love it.



PEACH LONG CAKE (makes 10 servings)
4 cups peaches, sliced (I used a large can of sliced peaches)
1/2 cup sugar

Dough:

2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup shortening (I used margarine)
1 large egg, beaten
2/3 cup milk

1.  Sprinkle sugar over sliced peaches.  Set aside.

2.  Sift flour.  Add baking powder, sugar, and salt.  Cut in shortening.  Add egg and milk and stir until moistened.  Spread dough into a well-greased 9"x13" pan.  Arrange peach slices over dough.

Topping:

1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp. flour

1.  Cream together all ingredients.  Drop by spoonfuls over peaches.

2.  Bake at 375* for 30 minutes.  Serve warm with milk or whipped cream.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment