- 4 medium portabella mushrooms, stems removed and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, or canola oil
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into matchsticks (about 2 inches long and 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa of your choice
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Add mushrooms, oregano, oil, salt and pepper (if desired), zucchini sticks, and onion slices to large bowl. Toss to blend well.
- Step 2
- Spoon mixture evenly into a jellyroll pan (line it with nonstick foil if you have it). Place pan in oven and let vegetables roast, tossing occasionally, for about 30 minutes.
- Step 3
- Soften tortillas by wrapping them in a damp cloth and heating in the microwave for about a minute. Or, you can warm them in a nonstick frying pan (use a little canola cooking spray if you like).
- Step 4
- Fill each tortilla with mushroom mixture, some shredded cheese, and salsa.